What is a RootEd Parent Rep.?
RootEd Reps are parents who love their neighborhood public schools. They are willing to give a little of their time or a lot to share the great things happening through storytelling and sharing great stories from their schools.
How Do I Become RootEd?
When in the process of choosing a school for their children, parents are seeking information about their neighborhood schools. Unfortunately, they often receive an incomplete picture that is limited to confusing test scores, rumors and sporadic social media posts. Schools simply do not have the time or resources to spend on marketing, but they desperately need to be able to tell their story. That’s where RootEd comes in! Here are some other examples of ways to be RootEd:
- Enroll your children in your neighborhood school
- Volunteer or mentor at your neighborhood school
- Become a RootEd Rep for your neighborhood school
- Attend school sporting events, musical or theatre productions, and science fairs
- Shop at school book fairs and other fundraisers
- Provide teacher support through supply donations or classroom assistance
- Vote for pro public education candidates and initiatives
- Tell your positive neighborhood school story to your friends and on social media
- #RootEdYourSchool when posting positive stories on social media (ex: #RootEdOakMeadow)
- Participate in your neighborhood HOA and events
- Join us in educating friends and community about all the wonderful things public education provides
- Connect a parent to their neighborhood school by sharing positive stories or inviting them to an event
- Add a RootEd yard sign to your yard or campus
To learn more about RootEd, follow us on social media and check out our website:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rootedtexas/
- Facebook RootEd Legislative Information: https://www.facebook.com/groups/RootEdLegislativeUpdates/
- Facebook RootEd Podcast Discussion Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/rootedpodcastdiscussion
- Instagram: @RootEdTexas
- Twitter: @RootEdSA